Main menu

Towns and villages on the track


The municipality of Přibyslavice is located approx. 10 kilometres northwest of Třebíč town at the altitude of more than 400 metres. Geographically and touristically, it belongs to the greater area of the Bohemian-Moravian Highlands.

Přibyslavice is an ancient settlement. The first record about the village can be found in historical documents from 1224. As early as the 12th century, a church stood here, now known as the Church of St. Ann. The church belongs to the earliest monuments of the Romanesque architecture in western Moravia. In the 18th century, a new late-baroque church was built here and Přibyslavice became a well-known place of pilgrimage. Both churches are state protected monuments. In 1690, a paper mill was set up in the former Vankovský Mill. The tradition of paper production in various forms lasts up to the present time. In the past, there used to be production of liquors and a sand quarry. Iron ore was mined here too.

The countryside around Přibyslavice gives opportunities for romantic walks especially alongside the Jihlava River. In the vicinity, on the territory of the neighbouring municipality of Číchov, there is a recreation centre Jalovec with a ski slope and a ski tow. For free time activities, a playing field and a stadium can be used. In Přibyslavice, pilgrimages are plentifully visited: the Little Pilgrimage takes place in spring on the Holy Ghost Day and the Main or Great Pilgrimage on the Virgin Mary Birthday in September. The nearest railway station is in Okříšky.